Collection of Slow MHD DocumentsUp one level
Place holder for documents related to slow MHD
- On modeling the interaction of neoclassical and classical tearing modes with rf waves
- C. Hegna's excellent summary of discussions among C. C. Hegna, J. D. Callen, J. Carlson, E. D. Held, S. E. Kruger, D. Schnack, and C. R. Sovinec
- Yu et.al.'s paper on RF stabilization of NTM
- This paper uses the "Giruzzi model" to model ECRF stabilization of NTM's. It will serve as the model for the initial implementation within NIMROD.
- Gianakon's paper on RF stabilization of tearing modes
- Gianakon also implemented the Giruzzi model in NIMROD and performed simple slab tearing mode cases. In this paper, he emphasizes the importance of the ratio of parallel current equilibration to perpendicular current equilibration. These forms have an intuitive form in the Giruzzi model, if somewhat murky in derivation.
- Feedback stabilization of NTMs on DIII-D tokamak
- There are many papers on feedback stabilization of tearing modes, both theoretical and experimental. This paper is my favorite as their control algorithms are very impressive.